We provide FREE consultations (including weekends) for registered children under 14 years of age.
- Childhood immunisations
- Ear checks and tympanograms
- General health checks
- Growth monitoring
- Healthy diet and activity advice
- Care of the unwell child
- Access to paediatrician specialist care
- Liaison with Plunket and midwives to monitor development
- Support for parents and caregivers
At HealthCentral we provide a wide range of women’s health services. We can discuss and provide contraception, including inserting Jadelle implants and Mirena IUDs.
We are also able to provide two free sexual health checks per year to women aged under 25 and Maori women aged under 50.
We have GPs and nurses available to do cervical smears and can provide you with information about mammograms and the Breast Screening Programme.
At HealthCentral we provide a wide range of Mens health services, including:
- Vasectomy services
- Healthy heart checks
Mental Health & Wellbeing
Accident & Emergencies
In addition to general practice and specialty healthcare, HealthCentral provides accident and urgent medical care.
Workplace medicals are available for pre-employment checks with a nurse and GP, offering a full range of examinations. These include drug testing, hearing, vision and lung function/spirometry.
Nurse appointments are available Monday to Friday from 8am to 6pm including through the lunchbreaks.
Our nurses have been trained for specialist roles including:
- Wound care, dressings and removal of stitches
- Blood tests / Blood pressure
- Pregnancy tests
- Smoking advice
- Telephone triage and advice
- Emergency Contraceptive Pills
- Ear syringe
- Hearing test
- Cervical Smears and STI checks
- Plastering and splinting
- Immunisations – Nurses can offer advice on childhood immunisations as well as travel, tetanus and flu vaccinations.
- Cardiovascular risk assessment, including blood pressure cholesterol & blood sugar checks.
- Healthy Lifestyle – our nurses are qualified to offer you education and advice about nutrition, exercise and lifestyle choices which support health.
- Diabetes education and advice
- Comprehensive health checkups, screening, and advice for people of all ages
- Sports injuries and advice, accident rehabilitation
- Advice on healthy lifestyles including diet and exercise
- Immunisations and baby checks
- Pregnancy tests and early pregnancy care
- Drivers Medicals
- Minor surgery including mole assessment, wart and skin cancer removal
- Comprehensive Travel Medicine advice and vaccinations
- Smoking cessation
- Sexual Health & Cervical Screening
- Contraception incl Jadelle Insertion and Removal
- Weight reduction advice and treatment
- Palliative Care
- Home visits (additional charges may apply)
We work closely with other local health providers including Pharmacy, Physios, Chiropractors, Midwives, Plunket, Public Health Nurses, District Nurses, Occupational Therapists, Mental Health, Hospital Specialists, ACC, Caregivers, and Resthomes.